Jewellery is delicate and deserves to be handled with care all the time. Gold is the only precious metal that will not tarnish, please note that it is a relatively soft metal and can get scratches easily, and that the greatest care should always be taken with your gold jewellery. Although they are made to order to be worn every day, it is relevant to follow some general advice for them to keep their original shine and beauty and visit your jeweler from time to time for proper polishing and maintenance.
Thank you for reading our advice carefully before placing an order, as to be prepared for caring and maintaining your jewellery once it will be in your possession.
- Please note that direct exposure to perfume, hairspray, body cream, chlorine, detergent and harsh elements over a period of time will damage your jewelry.
- Remove jewelry when sleeping, doing household tasks, sport and cleaning activities.
- Take care to protect the stones from knocks and scratches.
- Be mindful of the design of your chosen jewellery when you are wearing them.
- If the piece has edges that may scratch, it would better to remove the jewellery before coming into contact with pets or children.
- Settings and the edge of diamonds can also scratch surfaces so please be cautious when wearing your jewellery.
- By nature all jewellery may occasionally catch on clothes and other surfaces, in order to avoid snagging and potential damage, we recommend removing before undressing or putting your jewellery on last when you are getting dressed regarding the pieces you believe this might happen with.
- Repeated snagging may pull and distort the settings of your stones and they will become more likely to fall out of the jewellery as a result.
Gold should be cleaned regularly in order to maintain its beauty and patina. A soft, lint-free cloth or even better a gold polishing cloth is an effective way to keep gold jewellery looking its best.
Gemstones can gather dust, dirt and soap over time, gems might appear duller by constant wearing, this is not a stone defect, but just meaning some cleaning is needed. You can do that by gently using warm water, gentle soap and an extra soft toothbrush. Gently brushing away the build-up around the gems will restore their sparkle, not using force that may risk tampering with the stone settings. Finally, rinse with clean water and dry using a soft cloth.
When you are not wearing your jewellery we recommend to keep them in individual boxes or cotton bags so that they don't get scratched and minimizes the chance of damage, especially during travel.
Thin chains often get tangled up, even when separated from other chains, we recommend to close bracelets and necklaces and store them separately.
Yellow Gold: Pure gold is a metallic yellow; we use an alloy of copper and silver as the principal metals to achieve our yellow gold.
Rose Gold: Rose gold is an alloy of gold and varying the proportions of copper and silver resulting in a beautiful pinkish hue.
Some people are naturally more sensitive or reactive to copper, which can sometimes show up on the skin as a dark discoloration around the jewellery. This is a natural skin reaction as acids in your skin and sweat combine with copper to make salts. Do not worry if this happens. In most cases prolonged exposure to the metal will make you more accustomed to contact with it and your skin will eventually stop reacting. If your skin becomes itchy or exhibits other side effects rather than just showing discoloration, it may indicate a more severe allergic reaction. In such case remove your jewellery immediately and seek advice from a professional.
White Gold: Combining pure gold with an alloy of silver and palladium makes white gold. The natural color of white gold is a a bit greyish. Our jewellery in white gold are plated with a metal called Rhodium to brighten its color, Rhodium is very white and very hard but it may wear eventually, so from time to time it may need to be plated again in order to keep the shiny white tone.
Good care along with a little mindfulness goes a long way! We do not accept responsibility for any damage resulting from improper unrecommended use of our jewellery.
We lovingly hand craft and treat with a special care every single piece, we hope you will enjoy your jewellery and cherish it as much as we do, and more!